When you look in the mirror, do you love what you see? For many Americans, the reflection staring back at them appears older and more tired than it should. If this sounds familiar, then you may have considered whether or not you could benefit from a cosmetic procedure to correct areas of concern. Facelift surgery can help turn back time when it comes to your appearance, and Boulder Valley Plastic Surgery is here to help you reveal your true inner beauty.
As a leading plastic surgeon in Boulder, Dr. Swail has more than 20 years of experience in the cosmetic surgery industry, and our team would love to speak with you. Call us at 303-449-6666 today to speak with us about your surgery goals or schedule your free consultation online now.
What is Involved in a Facelift Surgery?
A facelift surgery is designed to address several aesthetic concerns for patients. Some of these concerns include:
- Sagging skin tissue
- Creases near the eyes, nose, and mouth
- Loose skin under the chin and jaw
- Loss of muscle tone
If you are experiencing any of these conditions, you may benefit from a facelift. To correct these concerns, a minor incision will be made behind your hairline. This provides your plastic surgeon access to the excess fat tissue beneath your skin, allowing him to remove and/or reposition tissue to create a more natural, balanced contour. Once the desired contour is achieved and any excess skin is removed, your plastic surgeon will close the incision to allow for proper healing. You can anticipate some bruising and swelling following the procedure, but the end result is well worth this minor pain and inconvenience.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
Facelift procedures are very common for individuals who wish to restore a more youthful and rested appearance to their face. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, candidates for facelifts include those people who are healthy and without medical conditions that could complicate the healing process. If you have diabetes, immune system deficiency, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), or another medical condition, it is important that it be stable at the time of your surgery. Dr. Swail will discuss this with you in more detail and communicate with your treating physician to clear you for surgery. It is also critical that patients be non-smokers and that they have a positive mindset with realistic expectations.
What Are the Benefits of Facelift Procedures?
As you weigh your options between surgical and non-surgical procedures, it can be helpful to understand the potential advantages of a facelift surgery. Many patients experience the following benefits following their procedure:
- Tighter facial muscles. As we age, the underlying muscles in our face begin to weaken, causing undesirable sagging. During the facelift surgery process, these muscles can be tightened and repositioned. This reduces the appearance of drooping skin associated with age.
- Less loose skin. Just as our muscles experience weakening and sagging, our skin begins to lose its elasticity as we age. This results in loose skin. A facelift procedure involves removing excess skin to restore a more youthful and natural facial contour and appearance.
- Improved facial contours. Cheeks, lower eyelids, and jawline are among the first areas on your face to succumb to the aging process, oftentimes leaving excess tissue that results in undesirable, sagging contours. A facelift surgery can correct this loose skin to restore a more youthful, flattering facial contour.
- Increased self-confidence. As a result of a facelift procedure, many patients report that they experience a boost in self-esteem and self-confidence. This is likely associated with their younger, restored appearance.
When you meet with Dr. Swail for your initial consultation, he will discuss the risks, recovery time, and advantages of facelift surgery with you to ensure you have realistic expectations related to the procedure.
Boulder Facelift Surgery Center
Are you ready to speak with a plastic surgeon to determine whether or not you are a candidate for facelift surgery? If so, then call Boulder Plastic Surgery today. Our state-of-the-art plastic surgery center is certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) and we offer a wide range of cosmetic and non-cosmetic procedures to enhance your self-image. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Swail.