- Sagging skin tissue in the midfacial region
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids
- Deep creases along the nose that extend to the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or is displaced
- Jowls created by a loss of muscle tone in the lower face
- Loose skin and excess fat deposits that may exist under the chin and jaw
All of these signs of aging can make a person look and feel older than he or she actually is. In some cases, a facelift might be performed in conjunction with a brow lift or blepharoplasty to deliver the very best results for each individual patient.
A facelift begins with an incision behind the hairline to avoid and minimize visible scarring. Once the incision is made, excess fat and tissue can be removed and repositioned to create a more desirable facial contour. Once the desired contour is created, the skin is re-draped over the face and excess skin is removed. After a facelift procedure is complete, the results will be visible once swelling and bruising subside. The final results will restore a more youthful and rested appearance to the face, as well as improve a patient’s self-esteem.
Facelift Results and Recovery
Following a facelift, most patients look and feel 10 to 15 years younger. A facelift will not change your fundamental appearance, but rather deliver a firm and more youthful appearance.
Dr. Swail meets with each patient individually to discuss his or her desired outcomes and expectations prior to each procedure. This allows him to design a customized facelift procedure to achieve great long-lasting results.