While they are not the only defining contours of the female figure, breast size and shape is a common concern for women, particularly as they age. Factors such as pregnancy, breastfeeding, gravity, heredity, and even significant weight gain or loss can affect the overall appearance of a woman’s breast, causing the tissue to droop and sag. Breast lift procedures are designed to restore a more youthful shape and position of breast tissue. This can allow a patient to feel more comfortable and confident.
Dr. Swail is a Boulder plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic procedures for breasts. If you are considering a breast lift in Denver, Dr. Swail and our team at Boulder Valley Plastic Surgery would love to speak with you. Once you are done reading this post, contact our team to schedule your no-cost plastic surgery consultation.
About Breast Lift Procedures
What Is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift is the common term for a mastopexy procedure. This plastic surgery procedure lifts and repositions the breast tissue by removing excess skin and tightening the tissue surrounding the breast to support the new contour that is achieved. The process restores firmness to breasts that have begun to sag, and it restores a more youthful appearance to the breasts.
It is important to note that a breast lift will not alter the size of your breast because there is no significant amount of tissue removed. Likewise, a breast lift will not make your breasts fuller as there are no implants involved. Patients who wish to enlarge their breasts should consider a breast augmentation, and those who want smaller breasts should consider a breast reduction procedure.
What Are the Benefits of a Breast Lift Procedure?
As with any medical procedure, it is important to understand the risks and the benefits of the surgery. Dr. Swail will speak with you during your consultation to determine the best incision method, and he will educate you on the recovery period following your procedure. Additionally, he will review the common benefits associated with the surgery, some of which include:
- Improved breast contours. A breast lift can lift sagging breast tissue, as well as improve the appearance and position of the areola.
- Reduced skin irritation. Sagging breasts can cause chafing and irritation on the torso and underarm. Once the tissue is lifted, the irritation often improves.
- Balanced body proportions. Breasts that have lost their elasticity may droop in an unnatural manner. Lifting them restores balance to female body proportions.
- Less neck and back pain. Some patients not significant improvement in neck and back muscle tension that has been caused by the sagging breast tissue.
- Improved self-esteem. When you are happy with the appearance of your breasts, you’ll feel more comfortable in figure-flattering clothing, enhancing your self-confidence.
Because every breast lift procedure is different, you may or may not experience all of the above benefits. Dr. Swail will make sure to take the time during your consultation to help ensure you have reasonable expectations about the outcome of your surgery.
Are You a Candidate for a Breast Lift?
If you are unhappy with the position or contour of your breasts, you may be a candidate for a breast lift procedure as long as you are in good physical health and you are not a smoker. This surgical procedure can correct the following aesthetic concerns:
- Breasts that sag
- Breasts that have lost their shape or volume
- Downward-pointing nipples and areolas
- Uneven breasts, if one is higher than the other
- Stretched skin or enlarged areolas
When you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts, you may feel self-conscious or experience unnecessary pain. Working with a skilled plastic surgeon can help you restore your youthful breast contour and your self-confidence.
Denver Breast Lift Surgery
Are you ready to learn more about how you can benefit from a breast lift procedure in Denver? If so, then Boulder Valley Plastic Surgery Center is here to help. Our state-of-the-art Boulder surgical center is certified by the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) and we have been helping individuals just like yourself for more than 30 years. Contact our team today to request your free consultation. We look forward to speaking with you.